2 Days Erg-Chebbi Merzouga from Marrakesh
You are about to read the 2 Days Erg-Chebbi Merzouga desert tour from Marrakech and back to Marrakech. Please see the details of the 2 days trip from Marrakech to Erg Chebbi dunes (Merzouga) below:
Detailed 2 DAYS / 1 Night MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR
Please keep in mind that the tour price change depending on the number of people, accommodation choice and season of travel.
This is the 2 days Marrakech to Merzouga route
- Day 1: Marrakech-Kelaa M’gouna- Erg Chebbi dunes
- Day 2: Erg Chebbi dunes – Ouarzazate- Marrakech
- Tour date: Any date/day you prefer.
- Type of tour: Private or Shared
- Duration: 2 days – 1 night.
- Starting time: 7:00 AM or before in wintertime.
- Finishing time: 7:00 PM.
- Pickup: From your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Drop-Off: In your accommodation in Marrakesh.
The Highlights of Your 2 Day Marrakesh to Merzouga Desert Tour
- See The Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- Travel through the High Atlas Mountains.
- Camel trek at sunset to the desert camp.
- Optional Sunrise camel trek
- Visit the Todra Gorges ( If time allows )
- Overnight in a desert camp
- Local music around the campfire.
TOUR ITINERARY: THE BEST 2 DAYS TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA
Day 1: Marrakech-Tizi N’tichka Pass-Ait Benhaddou-Ouarzazate-Kelaa M’gouna-Boumalne Dades-Tinghir-Erfoud- Desert.
Today, we pick you up from your place in Marrakech, and departure to Ait Benhaddou over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude), visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou and stop for lunch in a local restaurant along the way, later we will drive to Ouarzazate and stop near the atlas film studios for a photo then continue to the city center for a panoramic view of the kasbah of Taourirt, Kalaa M’gouna, Boumalne du Dades, along with a panoramic view of Dades valley.
Later on, we will continue to Todra gorges via Imider and Tineghir. Stopping along the way for photos and admiring the views. Arrival to Todra Gorges to enjoy its marvelous Canyon views, later on, continue to Tinejdad and have then Erfoud.
We will continue to the captivating dunes of Erg Chebbi, these dunes are called also Merzouga Dunes. Arrive at the hotel and get ready for a camel trek for an hour and a half to enjoy the sunset. While on the back of your dromedary, you will continue to the camp for an overnight in a traditional nomad tent.
Dinner and spend the night in a bivouac in the middle of the dunes.
Day 2: Erg Chebbi (Merzouga) – Marrakech
After enjoying the amazing sunrise among the sand dunes and having breakfast, you ride back your Camels to the Auberge.
You will travel back directly to Marrakech and have few stops on the way. Enjoying your lunch then continue to the red city of Marrakech over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude).
Arrival to Marrakech and Drop off in your accommodation in Marrakech.
Your short desert tour of 2 Days Erg Chebbi Merzouga dunes end.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Private Transportation: comfortable 4×4 vehicle air-conditioned/ Mini-bus for large groups + Fuel.
- Professional and well-experienced Driver Speaking English or a Driver+ a personal guide.
- Accommodations in clean Auberge and Kasbah): We have a selection of accommodations, and to give more options to our clients, we have 3 categories from standard to a higher range. To see the Hotels/Riads/Camps we use, please visit our Accommodation page.
- Camel Ride to watch the sunset and sunrise along with Desert guide.
- Overnight in nomad Luxury desert camp bivouac (a night in a traditional Berber tent in the middle of the dunes)
- Dinners and Breakfasts (Vegetarian food always available)
- Stops whenever it is possible for photos, shopping, toilets…
TOUR PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDES
- Admission fee: All entrances fees to all sites and monuments on tour (Example: Kasbah Ait Benhaddou: 1EUR per person+5EUR for the local guide)
- Lunch meals: Can be taken in good local restaurants along the way.
- Beverages and drinks.
- Tipping Driver/Guides
We are at your disposal if you have any further questions. Please don’t hesitate to contact us!