TOUR ROUTE: THIS IS THE 3 DAYS MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA ROUTE:
- Day 1: Marrakech-Tizi N’tichka Pass-Ait Benhaddou-Ouarzazate-Kelaa M’gouna-Boumalne Dades.
- In Day 2: Kelaa M’gouna – Boumalne Dades – Todra Gorges-Tinejdad-Erfoud-Erg Chebbi (Merzouga).
- Day 3: Erg Chebbi dunes – Ouarzazate- Marrakech
TOUR ITINERARY: THE BEST 3 DAYS TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DUNES:
Day 1: Marrakech-Tizi N’tichka Pass-Ait Benhaddou-Ouarzazate-Kelaa M’gouna-Boumalne Dades.
Today, we pick you up from your hotel in Marrakech and depart to Ait Benhaddou over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude), visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, and stop for lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon we will drive to Ouarzazate and stop near the atlas film studios for a photo then continue to the city center for a panoramic view of the kasbah of Taourirt. After that, you will head to Kalaa M’gouna or Boumalne du Dades for a night. Dinner and overnight at a hotel.
Day 2: Kelaa M’gouna – Boumalne Dades – Todra Gorges-Tinejdad-Erfoud-Erg Chebbi (Merzouga).
This morning after breakfast in the hotel, driving towards Tineghir passing by Boumalne du Dades and stopping for a panoramic view of Dades valley. Later on, we will continue to Todra gorges via Imider and Tineghir. Stopping along the way for photos and admiring the views. Arrive at Todra Gorges to enjoy its marvelous Canyon views while hiking on foot. In the afternoon we continue to Tinejdad and have a break for lunch then to Erfoud where you will visit a local fossil craft workshop. After that you will continue to the captivating dunes of Erg Chebbi, these dunes are called also Merzouga Dunes. Arrive at the hotel and get ready for a camel trek for an hour and a half to enjoy the sunset. While on the back of your dromedary, you will continue to the camp for an overnight in a traditional nomad tent. Dinner and spend the night in a bivouac in the middle of the dunes.
Day 3: Erg Chebbi (Merzouga) – Marrakech
After enjoying the amazing sunrise among the sand dunes and having breakfast, you ride back your Camels to the Auberge. You will travel back directly to Marrakech and have few stops on the way. Enjoying your lunch then continue to the red city of Marrakech over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude). Arrive at Marrakech and Drop off in your accommodation in Marrakech.
Ending your 3 Days Marrakech Desert Tour
Remarque: Note that the last day of the 3 Days tour from Marrakech and back to Marrakech is a long day driving (more than 590 km). So if you have more time it is advisable (but not a must) to do a 4 Days or 5 Days trip which will allow you to travel at ease without any stress.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Private Transportation: AC & comfortable 4×4 vehicle, Mini-bus for large groups + Fuel.
- Professional and well-experienced Drivers/Guides Speaking English.
- Accommodations in clean hotels/riads/Auberge/Kasbah and Camps).
- Camel Ride to watch the sunset and sunrise on the dunes along with a Desert guide.
- Overnight in a nomad traditional Berber tent( standard camp) or Luxury desert camp (bivouac in the middle of nowhere)
- Dinners and Breakfasts (Vegetarian food always available)
- Stops whenever it is possible for photos, shopping, toilets…
TOUR PRICE DOESN’T INCLUDES:
- Admission fee: All entrances fees to all sites and monuments on tour (Example: Kasbah Ait Benhaddou: 1 EUR per person + 5 EUR for the local guide)
- Lunch meals: Can be taken to good local restaurants along the way.
- Beverages and drinks.
- Tipping Driver/Guides & staffs of hotels and camps.