TOUR ROUTE: THE 5-DAYS MARRAKECH TO FES ROUTE:
- Day 1: Marrakech – Tizi N’tichka Pass – Telouet – Ait Benhaddou Kasbah – Ouarzazate
- Day 2: Ouarzazate-Skoura-Kelaa M’gouna(Roses)-Dades Gorges-Boumalne-Tineghir-Todra Gorges.
- Day 3: Todra Gorges – Tinejdad – Touroug town – Erfoud – Erg Chebbi (Merzouga: Desert).
- Day 4: Merzouga – Hassi labied – Khamlia – Nomad family – fossil Site – Tour of the dunes
- Day 5: Merzouga – Rissani – Erfoud – Errachidia – Midelt – Azrou – Ifrane – Fes.
TOUR ITINERARY: THE BEST 5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS, MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR – VIA ERG CHEBBI DUNES: 2 nights in the desert:
Day 1: Marrakech – Tizi N’tichka Pass – Telouet – Ait Benhaddou Kasbah – Ouarzazate
Today, we pick you up from your Hotel in Marrakech, and departure to Telouet over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude), visit the Kasbah of Pasha Glaoui in Telouet and stop for lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon we will drive to Ait Ben Haddou along the Ounila valley with its Berber villages. You will visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou then continue to Ouarzazate. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Ouarzazate.
Day 2: Ouarzazate-Skoura-Kelaa M’gouna(Roses)-Dades Gorges-Boumalne-Tineghir-Todra Gorges.
This morning after breakfast in the hotel, Leaving Ouarzazate towards Skoura where we will visit the Kasbah of Amredil, a beautiful Kasbah situated in the palm groves “Route of one thousand Kasbahs”.
The journey continues through the Valley of Roses then cross the off-road with the possibility to visit nomad family living in caves.
You will visit the Dades Gorges and see the rock formations. After that heading to Boulmane Dades and have a break for lunch.
In the afternoon, we continue to Tineghir then to Todra Gorges to enjoy its marvelous views of Canyons.
Dinner and overnight in a hotel.
Day 3: Todra Gorges – Tinejdad – Touroug town – Erfoud – Erg Chebbi (Merzouga: Desert).
This morning, you will walk around the Palm Plantations and enjoy the panoramic views of the Todra River. Later on, we drive toward Tinjedad for a lunch meal at a local restaurant.
You will pass by several villages such as Touroug (Berber village) and El-Jarf before reaching Erfoud. You will visit a local fossil craft workshop.
After that you will continue to the captivating dunes of Erg Chebbi, these dunes are called also Merzouga Dunes. Arrive at the hotel and get ready for a camel trek for an hour and a half to enjoy the sunset. While on the back of your dromedary, you will continue to the camp or overnight in a traditional nomad tent.
Dinner and spend the night in a bivouac in the middle of the dunes.
Day 4: Merzouga – Hassi labied – Khamlia – Nomad family – fossil Site – Tour of the dunes
Wake up early morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dune in the Sahara Desert then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will ride your camel back to the hotel where you can shower.
You will have a tour of the dunes on 4×4 allowing you to visit the black volcanic rocks of fossils, visit a nomad family living in a tent, visit Khamlia village and entertainment of their spiritual music of Gnawa, and visit the lake Dayte Sarji that forms in springtime which attracts pink flamingos and wildlife. Then you will have a break for lunch in Merzouga or Hassi Labied.
After lunch, you will see the canal irrigation system and have a walk on the oasis located at the foot of the dunes. Continue to your hotel for a shower and relax.
Dinner and Overnight in a hotel.
Day 5: Merzouga – Rissani – Erfoud – Errachidia – Midelt – Azrou – Ifrane – Fes
Today you will travel to Rissani and investigate the local market (Souks). Later on, you will depart to Errachidia via Erfoud, Aoufous, and the valley of Ziz then stopping for a panoramic view of the oasis of Aoufous in the Tafilalte region.
Continue to Midelt across the pass of Tizi N’talghamt and have a lunch break. After lunch, you will be driven to Fes (the medieval city) via the Cedar forest near Azrou and the mountain of the middle Atlas with the possibility to see the Barbary apes (monkeys). You may have a stop in Ifrane (Known as the Switzerland of Morocco) before arriving in Fes.
Drop you off at your provided address in Fes
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES: 5-Days Marrakech To Fes Desert Trips
- Private Transportation: AC & comfortable 4×4 vehicle, Mini-bus for large groups + Fuel.
- Professional and well-experienced Drivers/Guides Speaking English.
- Accommodations in clean hotels/riads/Auberge/Kasbah and Camps).
- Camel Ride to watch the sunset and sunrise on the dunes along with a Desert guide.
- Overnight in a nomad traditional Berber tent( standard camp) or Luxury desert camp (bivouac in the middle of nowhere)
- Dinners and Breakfasts (Vegetarian food always available)
- Stops whenever it is possible for photos, shopping, toilets…
TOUR PRICE DOESN’T INCLUDES:
- Admission fee: All entrances fees to all sites and monuments on tour (Example: Kasbah Ait Benhaddou: 1 EUR per person + 5 EUR for the local guide)
- Lunch meals: Can be taken to good local restaurants along the way.
- Beverages and drinks.
- Tipping Driver/Guides & staffs of hotels and camps.