2 Days Marrakech to Zagora Dunes Desert Tour
The 2 Days Marrakech to Zagora Dunes Desert Tour departing daily from Marrakesh is perfect for those who are short on time and wish to visit the Moroccan desert.
2 Days Marrakech to Zagora Dunes Desert Tour – Morocco Holidays
Please keep in mind that the tour price change depending on the number of people, accommodation choice and season of travel.
This is the 2 days Marrakech to Zagora route
- Day 1: Marrakech-Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate – Draa Valley – Zagora.
- Day 2: Zagora Dunes – Agdez – High Atlas & Tichka – Marrakech.
- Tour date: Any date/day you prefer.
- Type of tour: Private or Shared
- Duration: 2 days – 1 night.
- Starting time: 7:00 AM or before in wintertime.
- Finishing time: 7:00 PM.
- Pickup: From your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Drop-Off: In your accommodation in Marrakesh.
The Highlights of Your 2 Day Marrakesh to Zagora Desert Tour
- See The Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- Travel through the High Atlas Mountains.
- Camel trek at sunset to the desert camp.
- Optional Sunrise camel trek
- Overnight in a desert camp
- Local music around the campfire.
TOUR ITINERARY: THE IDEAL 2 DAYS TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO ZAGOURA DUNES
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate – Draa Valley – Zagora Dunes
The tour departs from Marrakech before 8:00 in a comfortable and air-conditioned minibus. After crossing the Atlas Mountains, we reach Ouarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, where many Hollywood movies are being filmed. There is a possibility to visit the Atlas film studios during the tour either on the first or the second day.
Later on, you will have your lunch and just after you will travel to the south and cross the second pass which is Tizi N’Tnifift at 1710m and Ait Saoun village, the former route of caravans for Sahara traders coming from “Tombouktou”, you will reach the first administrative center called “Agdez Village” that marks the source of Draa Valley, with it’s 6 successive palm groves stating (Mezquita palmary, Fezouata…) and Kasbahs stating the famous Tamnougalt Kasbah. You will continue through the lunar landscapes and the Pre-Sahara routes until you get to Zagora which is a small town, the native region of Saadian dynasty (Saadian tombs in Marrakech) used to rule Morocco in the XVII century. You will take a camel trek, ride the camels by the sunset and get to the camp and enjoy a dinner and overnight in the tents.
Day 2: Zagora Dunes – Agdez – High Atlas & Tichka – Marrakech.
Wake up early to watch the sunrise over the dunes while having your breakfast, after these amazing moments you will ride your camels back to meet your driver, then drive back to Marrakech.
We will go toward Ouarzazate, then stop for lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, you will continue the drive Atlas Mountains to get to Marrakesh. drop off at your accommodation you provided us earlier.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Private Transportation: comfortable 4×4 vehicle air-conditioned/ Mini-bus for large groups + Fuel.
- Professional and well-experienced Driver Speaking English or a Driver+ a personal guide.
- Accommodations in clean Auberge and Kasbah): We have a selection of accommodations, and to give more options to our clients, we have 3 categories from standard to a higher range. To see the Hotels/Riads/Camps we use, please visit our Accommodation page.
- Camel Ride to watch the sunset and sunrise along with Desert guide.
- Overnight in nomad Luxury desert camp bivouac (a night in a traditional Berber tent in the middle of the dunes)
- Dinners and Breakfasts (Vegetarian food always available)
- Stops whenever it is possible for photos, shopping, toilets…
TOUR PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDES
- Admission fee: All entrances fees to all sites and monuments on tour (Example: Kasbah Ait Benhaddou: 1EUR per person+5EUR for the local guide)
- Lunch meals: Can be taken in good local restaurants along the way.
- Beverages and drinks.
- Tipping Driver/Guides
We are at your disposal if you have any further questions. Please don’t hesitate to contact us!